Monday, January 3, 2011

The Desk

I found this solid wood desk on Craigslist for $75 (chair included). I searched all over for one that had the lines that I wanted and I really wanted the legs of the desk to have some character. Once this one was found I knew it was a keeper. After talking the guy down from $125 to $75 I was on my way home to start painting. I did a very light sanding on some area's that were scratched and then I primed with the Kilz spray primer. After that was dry I spray painted with Rustoleum's Heirloom White. After each coat I sanded it lightly, wiped it down and painted again. I did 3 coats for an even finish. I wish I would have sealed this since it gets a lot of use but still haven't done it. I painted the chair a sea foam color that I found at Joanne's and recovered the chair in some fabric that makes me happy! I love it!
Before
After - I have re-painted the hardware a dark bronze color that I love. I will have to do an update soon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment