Thursday, December 9, 2010

Washer and Dryer Stand

I have always wanted pedestal's for my washed and dryer, for the added storage and so I wouldn't have to bend down so much when doing laundry. The problem is that the one's for my washer and dryer are $400!! There was no way I was going to spend that much so when I saw the brilliant stand that Sausha built at Show and Tell, I knew I had to make one. It didn't turn out as cute as Sausha's but I am in love with it!
I built a frame out of 2x4's and then trimmed everything out with MDF and added some decorative trim. I messed up a lot so I had to use a lot of wood filler. Next time I know how to do it much better! I actually built this before we moved into our new house so that we could have it moved with our washer and dryer on top already. Love it!! ( It always helps when you enlist your Dad and Daughter to help too!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow! this is brilliant! Tell me what tools you used so I can get the list ready. This is a must do BEFORE we move into our new house!

    ReplyDelete