Monday, January 3, 2011

I'm a Cinderella...


So from the time I was a very little child I had to clean. I was the youngest of 7 kids and my family taught me how to clean the "right" way. I have learned so many tips and tricks that I thought I would start doing a few cleaning tips here. Let it begin -

The Kitchen!

I think this is the room you do the majority of the cleaning in just because it is used so much. I have a few tips to help get it clean without you doing the work.
1. To clean your microwave place lemon juice (if you have fresh lemon's use the juice of 1 and put the rest of the lemon in as well after it is squeezed. If you have bottled lemon juice use about 3 Tbs. ) in a microwave safe bowl and add 3/4 Cup water. Microwave for a good 3 or 4 Min's. Take the bowl out - be careful it will be hot!! Wipe with a cloth to remove all the gunk. Because of the steam it should wipe off with no problem. Plus you aren't using chemicals where you cook food so it is way better for you! You can also use vinegar but the lemon's make it smell so good!


2. Cleaning the stove-top. I have had black stoves in both my homes that I have lived in since being married. I hate how quickly they get dirty! It seems I am always cooking bacon right after I clean them too. Is that just me?? Anyways, the one thing I have found to get the gunk off and shine a stove in no time is vinegar and baking soda. Just sprinkle the stove top with baking soda and spray with vinegar. Let it stand for about 5 Min's and wipe. I clean with vinegar all the time because it disinfects and it is not filled with bad for you chemicals. It is also cheaper and works better than a lot of the products out there.

3. Stainless Steel - There is no way around this one. If you truly want a streak free and shiny stainless steel you MUST buy a specific for stainless steel cleaning product. I have tried everything else and nothing works quite like the one's made for it. I like the Weiman Stainless steel wipes.
4. Sink - It seems like every kitchen sink could always use a good scrub. Whether you have stainless or porcelain I recommend Bar Keepers Friend. It is pretty inexpensive and it does all the work for you. You just wet the sink, put the powder on, rub it in and let it sit. I just spray it down with my spray nozzle and give it a quick scrub with my dish brush and it is done it a matter of a minute of work. I also always like to put some lemon's down the garbage disposal so it smells nice.

5. Dishwasher - Yep it needs to be cleaned too! Once a month I run mine on empty until the bottom is filled with water then open it. Add 2 cups vinegar and finish the cycle. It does all the cleaning for you, and I promise it will keep your dishes looking better than ever!
Happy Cleaning!


1 comment:

  1. I think that you and I are so much alike! I actually got excited while I was reading this... When I am done typing I am going to go tackle the microwave and the dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete