Saturday, November 13, 2010

Easy Cheap Chalk Board

I'm sure most of you have already seen something like this done, but it is so easy and usable I thought I would share mine. I picked up this frame at the Goodwill for $2.50 and with some leftover paint I made a chalk Board. I just removed the glass and sprayed it with the chalk board spray paint. Then I primed and painted the dinged up frame. There you have it. Easy and inexpensive. I also can't write with chalk because it gives me the heebee geebees so I bought a chalk pen that works great and works just like a pen. This project also works great if you add some vinyl to it. That's on my list of to do's.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie- I'm confused. You painted the glass? Or did you paint something else to insert into the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sprayed the glass. It makes an instant chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. What are the chances of the glass shattering when the kids draw on it? Or....would this be created as a "mommy only" chalk board.

    ReplyDelete