Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brooke's $35 Furniture

We just moved into a new house and it has a very brown carpet. Brooke's Twin bed that we bought her is black and I had such a hard time finding some bedding that I liked that was girly that went with brown and black. So my solution...new furniture! We moved her twin trundle to our guest room, and then I began the search for a new bed for her. I finally found a solid mahogany twin bed with beautiful lines on Craigslist for $35! I acted fast and picked it up that night. With a little time and paint it is now so perfect. I love it! My mom also gave me a nightstand that was her and my dad's and I did a little magic on it. Here is Brooke's $35 furniture makeover.
Before
After - The old nightstand. It was pretty dinged up and had a veneer on it that was chipped off in some places. I fixed it up a little and spray painted it with a pretty pink color. I also took the doors off of it and just filled the holes and put a basket under instead. Te rug is from PBteen. It is what I designed the room around.
The bed. I didn't even sand this guy. I just primed it and painted it with Rustoleum's Heirloom White. I also spray painted the matte in the pic to match the little pops of pink. I still have a long dresser to do in that room. More updates to come once the room is finished.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Natalie, you are amazing!!! You should do that and sell them on craigslist to make money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! We are moving into a new house in May. Can't wait to study your tips and start planning!

    ReplyDelete